Twenty-one Park Hill High School and Park Hill South High School students participated in the regional DECA Career Development Conference and qualified for the state DECA Career Development Conference in March.
DECA is a vocational student organization for all students enrolled in a marketing class. Students learn about leadership, civics and vocational understanding, and they have the opportunity to compete in all areas of marketing.
Park Hill High School
- Alex Schrankel, junior, leadership delegate at state and national conferences
- Madi Hale, senior, first place, creative marketing project; fourth place, business services
- Kayla Decker, senior, first place, advertising campaign; second place, hospitality and tourism professional selling
- Hannah Scott, junior, first place, growing your business; second place, apparel and accessories
- Kayla Decker, senior, and Hannah Scott, junior, second place, buying and merchandising team event
- Sarah Hibbeler, sophomore; Sam Paulak, senior; and Tessa Poolman, sophomore, second place, public relations project
- Sam Paulak, senior, second place, human resources; third place, sports and entertainment marketing
- Alex Berger, senior, and Brooke Elliott, junior, third place, sports and entertainment promotion plan
- Maya Krump, sophomore, second place, principles of finance
- Alexis Beard, junior, second place, business finance
Park Hill South High School
- Kate Eischens, junior, and Marti Heit, junior, fourth place, business law and ethics team decision making
- Michael Garrison, senior, and Jordan Weese, junior, fourth place, financial services team decision making
- Joe Cummings, junior, and Eli Guzman, junior, fourth place, hospitality services team decision making
- Robert Showers, junior, first place, principles of business management and business administration; third place, principles of marketing
- Harrison Ramsden, senior, fourth place, principles of finance
- Sophia Edmunds, junior, fourth place, principles of marketing
- Brett Currey, senior, fourth place, business finance
The PHHS DECA teacher is Matt Magnuson, and the Park Hill South DECA teacher is Dan Dunkin.